Effective Date: May 1, 2016
The BASIQs website (for Coaches) and BASIQs applications (for Players) combine to deliver an elegant platform for athletes of all ages to improve the mental aspects, or Game IQ, of their performance in a given sport. In the app, Players play Games which test their knowledge of situations, rules-of-the-game and skills know-how. Free Game content is provided by BASIQs and additional content may be provided by the real-world teams or leagues of which the Player may be a member. Future content may also be provided by sponsors.
Our information collection, use, and disclosure practices are compliant with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a set of laws designed by the US Federal Trade Commission to protect children under the age of 13 while they are online. Click here to read more about COPPA.
The scope of this policy pertains to our practices both within the online, web-based property used by Coaches to create and distribute custom content to their Players and within the app that Players use to interact with content we create and that may be created by Players’ real-world coaches or content sponsors.
1. Do we collect information from you to use or register on our site / in our apps?
Registration is required for users of the free apps.
- FOR APP USERS – When an app user (“Player”) installs one of our apps and creates an account with Sport BASIQs, we collect basic information such as a user’s first name, last name, email address, password and favorite positions to play. We also collect basic performance measures about a Players Game play for use in the Leaderboard within the app and within the Coaches’ Content Console. Leaderboards will only display first name, last initial (not full name). In registration, we also ask for a Player’s birthdate as required input to assure our COPPA responsibilities. For a Player younger than 13 years-old, we collect their parent’s first name, last name and email address and communicate with the parent via email to confirm it is okay for us to create an account for their child. We must receive parental permission to activate such a child’s account before such a child can complete their account creation and use the App. No account is created for a Player younger than 13 years old prior to receipt of parental permission via the Consent Code that is emailed to the parent’s email address and which must be entered into the Player app. We will not collect from a child user more personal information than is reasonably necessary to provide the child user the requested activities.
Registration and payment is required for users of the Coaches’ Content Console.
- FOR COACHES’ CONTENT CONSOLE USERS – When a Coach or League Director creates a subscription account on our Website, we collect details such as first name, last name, email, address, league/team name, sport type, subscription type and payment details. Payment details are used only for processing payment and are not held by Sport BASIQs in our database.
Examples of how registration information is used is as follows:
- FOR APP USERS
- to allow access to the app
- to allow access to a Player’s Coach’s custom content
- to notify/obtain consent from parents of child users (per COPPA)
- to allow participation in the app Leaderboard (which does not display full name)
- FOR COACHES’ CONTENT CONSOLE USERS
- to allow access to the Coaches’ Content Console website
- to create a unique account profile
- to allow payment for subscription
- to allow password resets
2. What types of community or social features do we offer you on our site / in our apps and how do we keep these areas safe?
There are no two-way communication features or channels in the BASIQs offering. Content (Games) created by BASIQs are delivered via a one-way feed to the Player app. Content (Games) that may be created by a Player’s real-world coaches, leagues or instructors is delivered via a one-way feed to the Player app. Content (Games) that may be created by content sponsors is delivered via a one-way feed to the Player app. In the Coaches’ Content Console, there is the ability for the initial registrant (Coach) to setup additional Coach accounts, should the team or league wish to have multiple participants the content creation of Questions/Games. There are no social features associated with this. Coaches within a subscription account have no features to allow communications between Coaches. Each is simply an independent content creator/manager within the team or league subscription account.
Given the nature of the BASIQs offering, its content, restricted access to content management, and one-way flow of content, we view the platform as having a high degree of inherent safety. Should a user or parent have any concern whatsoever with content displayed in a Player’ app, such concerns may be reported to support@BASIQs.com
3. Do we offer other features on our site / in our apps that ask you to provide information?
Two invitation features are part of the app.
- A Player may choose to invite a Coach to evaluate the BASIQs offering. With this feature, the Player inputs only the Coach’s first name, last name and email address. An email will then be generated and sent by Sport BASIQs to the specified coach. Email addresses entered for this purpose are not held by Sport BASIQs and no communications beyond the single email initiated by the Player will be sent. Players do not have any ability to enter comments, chat or any other free-form direct communication into email, the App or our database.
- Upon completion of any Game, a Player may challenge a teammate to play the same Game. A teammate is defined as another app user who has been granted access by a Coach to the same Team as the Player making the invitation. When a Player selects this option, a list of teammates is displayed and the Player may select one or more to whom an in-app notice is sent. No message may be created or sent by the Player as part of this feature or anywhere else in the app.
Both of these features are only available to registered users of the app, and the Challenge a Teammate feature is only available when two or more Players have been connected to the same Team by a subscribing Coach.
4. Do we collect information from you using cookies or other web technologies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s smartphone or computer storage device that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of our apps and website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
5. Do we have e-commerce or advertisements on our site /in our apps?
In the free Player app, there are no purchase options and no advertisements.
Access to the Coaches’ Content Console is a subscription service. One a subscription has been purchased, there are no other purchase options. There are no advertisements in the Coaches’ Content Console.
6. With whom do we share your information?
While BASIQs does engage with specific, industry leading third party services for payment processing and email marketing, these service providers are not permitted to use your personal information shared with them by BASIQs for their own purposes. Your personal information is not shared with any independent third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We will not share user-specific Personal Information with other companies or individuals unless we have user, child-user parent’s or coaches’ consent to share or we are required to do so to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the safety and security of our users, apps and website.
While we will not share user’s Personal Information except as mentioned above, we may share aggregated information to third parties as described below in order to improve the user experience or offer valuable products and services to Sport BASIQs users.
- Third Party Agents: We may employ other companies or people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share Personal Information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, processing payment, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, Sport BASIQs agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Transfer of Assets: If Sport BASIQs or its assets were acquired or in the unlikely event that we go bankrupt, Coach and Player user information would be one of the assets transferred or acquired by a third party. In this case, the acquirer of Sport BASIQs may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
7. How do we keep your information secure?
In the BASIQs apps and Coaches’ Content Console, your Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You may help protect against unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your smartphone, tablet, computer and browser by signing off after you have finished any BASIQs session.
BASIQs infrastructure is operated in a secure hosting facility operated by a leader in the commercial hosting industry. Our servers are firewall protected and all Coaches’ Content Console sessions are encrypted between your browser and our servers. For Coaches’ Content Console subscription accounts, BASIQs stores no payment information in our databases. This information is held by our payments partner, who is a leading, PCI-certified payment processor.
Data access by BASIQs employees is strictly controlled and is based on segregation of duties best practices. No BASIQs employees have access to payment information stored with our PCI-certified payment processor.
Your privacy is very important to us and BASIQs endeavors to keep your information private and secure, but we cannot guarantee security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information. For additional information about the security measures we use in connection with the Services, please contact us at privacy@BASIQs.com.
8. What types of parental controls do we offer parents?
An app user may discontinue use of the BASIQs app at any time. Deletion of the app from the smartphone or tablet will delete user data from the smartphone only. Data generated and stored on the the server will be maintained on the server.
To request the deactivation/deletion of a user’s account from the BASIQs database, please email a Delete Account request to support@BASIQs.com
To view or manage personal information held on a user account, log intothe app and access:
- Settings / My Profile to see first name, last name, email address, date of birth and favorite positions to play
- Settings / My Teams to see a list of the Teams of which the Player is a member and the Player’s Game History and Leaderboard status.
- Stats & Leaderboard to see the Player’s Game History and Leaderboard status.
For any other questions, requests or concerns, please email support@BASIQs.com
9. How can you contact us with privacy questions or concerns?
For privacy related questions or concerns, please contact us by email at privacy@BASIQs.com or by phone at +1 (747) 227-4771 or by post at:
Sport BASIQs LLC
P.O. Box 1021
Mountainside, NJ 07092